General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
The Advertising, Marketing and Customer Experience team is seeking a Counsel attorney to provide legal and strategic support to business clients across the enterprise in connection with global advertising and experiential marketing initiatives.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Provide legal support and strategic advice to business clients on all aspects of event/team/venue sponsorships, Card Member on-site experiences, live music & concert presale programs, talent/influencer campaigns and social media content and programs.
- Draft and negotiate sponsorship agreements with event organizers, venues and teams as well as other novel agreements with, brands, celebrity talent, media and production companies, agencies and other key partners.
- Review and analyze marketing offers, benefits, and tech integrations for Card Member experiences.
- Provide legal support related to media buying and branded premium content for the enterprise (e.g. media planning, contracting and execution for advertising), including as related to privacy and data strategy considerations, as well as native advertising.
- Partner closely with business leaders to understand their concerns and challenges, and use your creativity and practical problem solving to quickly action solutions.
- Generate buy-in and develop strategic partnerships across various business unit teams and control groups through relationship-building and effective communication.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree & J.D.
- Qualified to practice law in New York
- 5+ years of relevant in-house and/or law firm experience
- Significant experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements, preferably marketing, sponsorship and partnership agreements or those with a technology component
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing laws (specifically FTC regulations and guidelines) and experience with their practical application to marketing content (native advertising, offers, claims, etc.)
- Experience with branded entertainment/content and media buying, including privacy and data sharing considerations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions to client issues
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively, in both written and oral format
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build relationships and partner with others to drive results
- Capacity to be agile and pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 9:35:54 AM