The Developer Enablement team will partner closely with Enterprise Architecture (EA) leaders to operationalize platforms (One Amex suite, ML Studio, etc.), frameworks (Balance & Control, Enterprise Logging, Reliable Transaction, etc.) and DX workstreams (Boot camp, the Amex Way, Open Source, etc.) across Product and Technology.
Purpose of the Role:
This role focuses on developer relations, providing hands-on technical guidance and support to drive enterprise adoption of these architectural enablers.
The Developer Enablement Team will drive large multi-year programs focused on operationalizing the way code is designed and written at American Express.
- Provides consulting services to support the onboarding and utilization of EA platforms, design patterns and frameworks. Acts as the primary EA point of contact for teams during the onboarding process.
- Works with EA engineering teams to develop and share best practices for consuming EA products, as part of an internal developer advocacy program.
- Monitors and provides a strong and credible presence within internal communication channels (e.g. Slack) to promote and provide guidance for engineers onboarding EA products.
- Partners with DX team, EA group product manager and ED&A product team to understand “voice of the developer”. Provides feedback to EA engineering teams when needed, to remove friction and improve product adoption.
- Assists in the development of content to be used as part of ongoing communications and change management activities.
- Active contributor and participant in adoption events and discussions (DevCons, Campus20, etc.)
- Develops documentation, SDKs, sample applications and training materials to smooth the learning curve for EA products as well as the Amex Way program.
Critical Factors to Success:
- Empathy for the challenges of software development and active interest in overcoming these challenges through software development, training and solution support
- Excellent oral communications with a passion for listening and helping engineers find solutions for their business needs/opportunities
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to work cooperatively with and gain the respect of software developers and influencers
- Ability to give constructive feedback to engineering teams within/outside of EA to increase product adoption
Great developer skills (8+ years of software development) with the ability to create and explain software and products. Experience with modern engineering stacks.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 11:44:03 PM