About Network Strategy & Operations
It begins with a Card Member using their American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world—the rest is up to us. The Network Strategy & Operations team (NS&O) is at the heart of the American Express enterprise—powering millions of transactions through our global payments processing network, which we develop and manage.
NSO is unique within the enterprise. We work across almost every business unit within the organization as well as interact with external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious and problem solvers as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today like securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within NSO will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen, while giving you the chance to be part of driving enterprise growth and helping deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
The Network Data Standards and Quality team within NSO provides strategic direction on transaction processing, develops technical standards/rules which govern American Express processing and capabilities while ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
Reporting to Senior Manager Network Data Standards and Quality, the Network Data Standards Technical Writer is an exciting opportunity for a talented technical writer to drive a vision that continues to evolve Network Data Standards process.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Have a high overall comfort and be well versed in FrameMaker in order to manage day-to-day writing and publishing needs to create and update technical content.
- Possess strong skillsets in the following:
- Document creation, maintenance, correcting errors, and generating PDFs
- Generating, formatting and updating: books, lists, tables, master-pages, reference-pages, indexes, text inserts, cross references, markers, variables, etc.
- Complete all required deliverables within prescribed timelines
- Demonstrate a customer-oriented mindset while providing insightful recommendations and constructive documentation solutions.
- Be able to integrate into existing processes and provide excellent service to our business partners and customers.
- Four + years of experience in technical writing (financial services industry experience preferred)
- Advanced experience in FrameMaker
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills and basic Adobe experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic and cross functional environment, influence language prescribed by stakeholders
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to have fun in a fast paced and changing environment
- College Degree or equivalent specialized training/educati
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2021, 11:25:29 AM