You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This position is part of a team that manages the data and business architecture for pan finance solutions within the Finance, Technology & Transformation group. The primary responsibility for this role is to lead the end-to-end data and process architecture and delivery for projects for multiple line of businesses within Finance organization at American Express. This role will primarily be responsible for determining the proper sources and processes for acquiring, enriching, and provisioning data required by Finance processes in the following major areas: Financial Reporting, Operational Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Management Reporting, and Advanced Analytics processes.
The job’s focus will also include - but not limited to:
- Lead the analysis of Finance process and system requirements
- Define the functional design for data acquisition, enrichment, and provisioning process.
- Partner with Finance stakeholders and Technology partners to design, build, test and deploy solutions to fulfill Finance process requirements.
- Test case and plan creation, execution, and coordination
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Finance process analysis
- Work with the Finance process owners and other teams to understand and document their process requirements in terms of data and required transformations
- Participate in development of plans and strategies, best practices, and standards related to data management processes, data products, data security and programs
- Work with product team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a prioritized list of data requirements / user stories
- Document processing requirements, including data and transaction volumes, scalability, security and performance requirements
- Solution Design
- Work with AET, Finance partners, source system owners, and other stakeholders to locate the data required by Finance and ensure the data architecture design supports Finance’s reporting and analytics requirements
- Identify required reference data needs and design the processes for collecting and maintaining reference data
- Design processes to acquire the required data and ensure data integrity, accuracy, and completeness
- Design processes to enrich and provision data to the required Finance processes
- Contribute to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Work with AET, Finance partners, source system owners, and other stakeholders, to deploy solutions across the appropriate Finance user base
- Build and deploy solutions to acquire, enrich and provision the required data and ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness
- Perform data validation as part of Finance user testing as needed.
- Lead the creation and execution of systems integration and pre-user acceptance testing plans and test cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Management, Data Management or similar field preferred
- Previous work experience in various Finance disciplines such as Accounting, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Management Reporting, Treasury, Tax, Banking and others., Data Management, and other data related projects
- Prefer Experience with any of the following: JSON, Python, Kafka, Apache, XLT, Tableau, ER Studio, Hakolade, Power Design
- Previous work experience with American Express business processes and systems, such as Card Member receivables, Merchant processing and payables, Loyalty processes, Lending, and Banking.
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts and data management concepts; knowledge of SQL or other query languages.
- Basic understanding of Big Data environments (unstructured, structured) and related technologies (e.g., ELT, Machine Learning).
- Basic understanding of Agile methodology and delivery concepts
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong relationship skills
- Previous experience working closely with Technologies to deploy systems to re-engineer processes and solve complex business problems.
- Transformational approach to Process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and dedicated to the delivery of high quality service to consistently exceeds customers’ expectations
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2021, 3:23:40 PM