You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is modernizing our systems and data management practices at an incredible pace, and you will be part of a growing team of data management professionals focused on providing world-class data management solutions that underpin this transformation. The Finance Metadata Analyst supports the objectives and goals of the Finance Metadata team and will be responsible for cataloging Finance data assets in the enterprise metadata tool. The analyst will partner closely with the Finance Data Governance team, Data Stewards, Data Custodians, and the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) in implementing metadata management; including the delivery of business glossaries, data dictionaries, data flows, report catalogs, business and DQ rule libraries, etc.
No two days are the same, but the Finance Metadata Analyst responsibilities can include:
Support the implementation of the Finance Metadata Management Program, including the capture, storage and management of business, technical and operational metadata
Manage the day-to-day activities of cataloging data assets and its semantic mappings
Assist in the design, development and enhancement of metadata management tool(s)
Review and/or define data element definition values in partnership with data stewards, data custodians and information architects
Assist data stewards with understanding metadata, usage, standards and quality for specific data elements
Provide status on assigned work items for management and stakeholders on a recurring basis
Reviewing and updating metadata standards and best practices for Finance
- Basic understanding of metadata concepts such as types of metadata, data lineage, data dictionaries, business glossaries.
- Capable of collecting business requirements and using them to guide implementation of technical solution
- Preferr experience with Tableau, Python, Kafka, Apache, ER Studio, Hakolade, Power Design or any combination.
- Advanced critical thinking skills to solve business or technology problems in innovative ways
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with technology and business partners
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines and manager multiple project simultaneously
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, facilitation and technical writing skills. Must be able to communicate results to stakeholders including non-finance.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to drive large scale change
- Knowledge of Financial and Regulatory reporting such as Basel, CCAR, Liquidity reporting, FRY-9C/9LP, FRY-11/2314 a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodology a plus
- Experience with metadata and data lineage tools, relational database technologies a plus
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Data Science, and data management concepts a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 2:14:09 PM