Growing consumer lending is a top priority for American Express, especially as the company mobilizes to capitalize on key growth opportunities. As a result, the Global Consumer Lending organization has been created to evolve our portfolio and transform the way we meet customer’s borrowing needs in an evolving landscape. The US Personal Loans and Product Analytics team sits within Global Consumer Lending and plays a critical role in enabling the innovation and delivery of this vision.
As a member of the US Personal Loans Pricing and Product Analytics team, this Senior Manager will be responsible for engaging customer lending growth through developing pricing strategies for American Express Personal Loans, lead the development of our testing program, and explore ways to grow the business. This position will work closely with key partners across different functions and levels of seniority.
- Develop and test innovative pricing strategies for American Express Personal Loans that aim to grow the business while maintaining high credit profile
- Analyze customer data, portfolio trends and industry dynamics to gather customer insights, inform price testing strategy and devise recommendations to accelerate revenue growth
- Present insights and recommendations to secure senior leadership buy in and alignment
- Form effective linkages with business partners in different functional areas including Product, Risk, Finance, Legal / Compliance, Public Relations, and Global Servicing
- Lead strategic business initiatives, compliance and regulatory processes as required
Strategic thought leadership with a passion for the customer and proven track record of driving results while managing multiple priorities simultaneously
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to leverage large data sets to inform business decisions; SQL, Python, and/or SAS experience are pluses
Innovative thinker and creative problem-solver who constantly challenges the status quo
Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with multiple requests and aggressive deadlines
Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across different functional teams across different levels of seniority
Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
Credit card or lending experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of professional experience required; MBA is a plus
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2021, 3:20:24 PM