The US Customer Marketing Team, within the Consumer Marketing Services group, strives to deliver marketing on behalf of the enterprise that makes American Express essential to our Card Members. Responsibilities include end to end marketing strategy and execution across the Card Member lifecycle including early tenure, loyalty and retention. The team includes a group of talented, passionate marketers who rally to leverage the customer as a platform for growth ─ driving margin & share of wallet, along with deepening the loyalty & satisfaction among our customer base.
The Product Line Strategy team, a part of the US Customer Marketing Enablement, is designed to develop & enable lifecycle marketing strategies which enrich customer experiences for future growth. The Sr. Analyst will partner with Card product teams to evolve card value propositions to meet the changing needs of new Consumer Card prospects and existing Basic and Supplementary Card Members. He/She will be responsible for supporting the development of go-to-market strategy, plans, tactics and results required to bring new product benefits or services to market across the lifecycle, from acquisition & early onboarding through to tenured customer loyalty, and ultimately retention.
This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team that delivers significant results for US Customer Marketing while partnering with a wide set of stakeholder groups across the organization, including Product, Brand (GABM), Public Relations, Data Science, Finance, Prospect Marketing, Investment Management, Operations, Enterprise Digital, New Product Development, Servicing, and Small Business marketing. This role is for someone with a passion for marketing, strong communication skills, and a true collaborative spirit & team-oriented mindset.
- Serve as Product Line SME for customer marketing, partnering closely with Product Management teams to provide marketing colleagues with latest customer insights, positioning, messaging, and benefit claims/T&Cs
- Partner with onboarding, loyalty, growth, and retention teams to support development of customer lifecycle marketing strategies which align with product goals and facilitate implementation across every channel for Basics and Supps. This includes approach to segmentation, channel reach, offers, creative & messaging and end to end execution.
- Project manage NPLs and core value prop enhancements across customer marketing organization from initial planning to creative development and ultimately activation and performance reporting. Lead internal forum to drive consistency in marketing approach, circulate updates and assets, and provide paths for escalations for your peers
- Own reporting of marketing performance & post-launch analysis, publishing insights to product and marketing partners
- Maintain a product launch playbook for customer marketing that defines best practices for go-to-market strategy at Amex.
- Partnership: fantastic partner who is dependable and easy to work with
- Great communicator: ability to communicate a strategy clearly both orally and in written form
- Solution oriented: always comes to the table with options on how to solve a problem
- Independent: proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Customer First: ability to put yourself in the shoes of the customer and develop a communication strategy based on what is best for them
- Attention to detail: exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage large amounts of data
- Flexible: ability to change directions as needed
- Marketing: knowledge of how marketing is executed at American Express is a plus
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 5:25:00 PM