This role is for a key member of the Professional Practices team and will report to the VP, Regulatory Relations, Board Reporting, and Quality Assurance. The selected individual will regularly interact with IAG Leadership, including the Chief Audit Executive, and will maintain a network of key business partners outside of IAG (e.g. Corporate Secretary’s Office, General Counsel, Regulatory Exam Management and Regulatory Relations, etc.)
Board/Audit Committee Reporting
- Manage the production and delivery of parent and subsidiary Audit Committee reporting packages for Internal Audit activities including all IAG charter requirements
- Assist the VP with leading IAG Audit Committee reporting preparation activities including CAE preparation and background support documentation
- Ensure quality controls over IAG Audit Committee deliverables
- Act as key liaison between IAG and the Corporate Secretary’s office for Audit Committee reporting coordination and logistics
- Lead the IAG risk category assessment rollup process and CAE letter reporting
- Assist with external benchmarking activities and maintain awareness of current, best-in-class internal audit practices for Audit Committee reporting
- Lead and assume ownership of IAG related regulatory findings/corrective actions tracking
- Responsible for coordination of IAG regulatory exams, requests communications and interactions with regulators
- Ensure quality controls over IAG regulatory deliverables
- Oversee the production of ongoing regulatory reporting packages for IAG activities
- Oversee the development and production of the monthly internal metrics reporting for key IAG operational and regulatory relations activities
- Liaise with Regulatory Exam Management and Regulatory Relations to ensure appropriate regulatory information-sharing and coordination of regulatory requests
- Develop and provide training to targeted audiences highlighting internal audit best practices, regulatory and reporting related topics.
- Effectively teach, coach, and develop team members, as appropriate
- Seven years or more in the financial service industry combined within public accounting / Internal Audit experience preferred.
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting, finance, or information systems; advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred.
- Professional Certification (CIA, CPA, CISA or equivalent) is highly encouraged.
- Understanding of regulatory, financial industry guidance and best practices relevant to Internal Audit, including proficient use of reporting tools and automated reporting solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with committee reporting practices preferred
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory relations preferred
- Knowledge and experience with professional auditing practices and an aptitude for working with data analytics preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with audit teams to understand the data behind key audit activities and results, and ability to analyze and interpret their meaning.
- Strong project management expertise and ability to drive high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel when needed (<10% of the time)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 11:32:11 AM