The Director Finance US SME & Global Marketing is responsible for Finance and strategic decision support to the US Small and Medium Enterprise segment, the largest GCS segment ($325B billings, ~60% of total GCS) and the Global Marketing organization. The role will have significant interaction with business leaders as well as Finance teams and staff groups.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead financial and strategic support for the GCS Global Marketing team.
- Drive analysis to better understand the financial returns and P&L impacts of GCS Marketing programs.
- Partner with Product LFO teams on distribution mapping of non-card solutions (Kabbage, Cross Border Payments, Business Checking Account, AP Auto) and identify areas for optimization and efficiencies to support & influence decisions.
- Lead ROI measurement for all non-model driven Customer Marketing activities including Customer treatments, triggers, engagement activities.
- Drive analytics in partnership with IO team to optimize investment allocations across Field and Marketing channels.
- Build CBAs and business cases related to the Global Marketing strategic investments.
- Lead Prospect Channel deep-dives and Customer Channels ROIs & Analytics.
- Leverage Cornerstone capabilities to build and enhance US SME customer margin models influencing Pricing and business decisions.
- Lead planning and financial analysis for the US SME Segment P&L in partnership with FP&A teams.
- Partner with Product LFOs to identify impact of new product launches and/or changes in value propositions to the customer margins.
- Lead and develop a team; Inspire, motivate, and reward exceptional performance.
- Define what winning looks like; set a clear agenda and keep team focused on delivering analysis influencing business partners, promoting profitable growth.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with business partners to deliver results.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results and work with ambiguity.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages.
- Leader with exceptional relationship and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong financial modeling skills, knowledge of Cornerstone/SQL coding.
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative and strong work ethic are essential
- 5+ years of experience in Corporate Finance/data analytics roles with leadership experience.
- Masters degree in Business Administration or Finance is preferred.
Location(s): New York, NY
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2021, 4:12:38 PM