You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Can you find innovative ideas to solve complex business problems? Do you consider yourself as a data expert? Do you want to lead and transform our capabilities to improve the way we identify our customers and thus revolutionize the way we interact with them? If so, this may be the right role for you!
This position will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA). The role is integral part of EDA and supports Customer 360 which help build foundational data capabilities used across enterprise. The team is focused on enabling the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing your customers (individuals and businesses) and having a holistic understanding of them.
Customer 360 is an AXP-wide capability that provides a global enterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationship with at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, and linkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This is fundamentally reshaping our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveraging Amex internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms and Big Data environment.
- Lead, mentor and build a high performing and highly engaged team of solution managers, business architects & data stewards/modelers.
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with architects, product managers and engineering team to continuously direct the team towards best possible solutions.
- Lead architectural blueprint designs for business initiatives to ensure modularity & scalability of the proposed designs.
- Lead data modeling and stewardship for all the databases across Customer 360.
- Collaborate with the product managers to ensure all the new use cases being integrated are leveraging the platform and data in the most accurate way.
- Identifying opportunities and driving product strategy, roadmap, and features.
- 5+ years of experience in driving technology product development and management in a cross-functional and global environment.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s in applied mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
- Leadership experience in leading/creating high performing teams with diverse skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail.
- Experience in data modeling and tuning of relational as well as NoSQL datastores.
- Experience in data architecture and strategy for Master Data Management (MDM)/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
- Experience re-platforming existing applications, including infrastructure, architecture and frameworks.
- Elevated growth mindset with big picture thinking, lean startup approach and personal agility.
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology or the Software Delivery Life Cycle.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2021, 3:17:48 PM