You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Do you love working your way through data to define product strategies? Do you want to lead and transform our capabilities to improve the way we identify our customers and thus revolutionize the way we interact with them? If so, this may be the right role for you!
This position will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA). The role is integral part of EDA and supports Customer 360 which help build foundational data capabilities used across enterprise. The team is focused on enabling the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing your customers (individuals and businesses) and having a holistic understanding of them.
Customer 360 is an AXP-wide capability that provides a global enterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationship with at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, and linkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This is fundamentally reshaping our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveraging Amex internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms and Big Data environment.
We are looking for a high-caliber individual who will be responsible for leading the solutioning & product design of Customer360 on modern technology stack in collaboration with decision science and technology colleagues. The position partners closely with Product Owners and Managers, Engineers, Data Science and possibly external vendors in coming up with next-generation capabilities while enriching the quality of customer demographic data, building intelligence and insights, and supporting modernization of the platform.
What will you do at American Express?
- Lead ongoing management and optimization of the product backlogs, including partnership management, operational efficiency, collaborating across a wide net of stakeholders in Technology, Marketing, Servicing and Product.
- Support overall program management efforts including tracking project status, managing and escalating risks and issues.
- Manage specific tracks of product /capability development efforts from ideation to launch and maintenance.
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to product launch, process efficiency and performance.
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with stakeholders to continuously direct them towards best possible solutions.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management of technology or data-related products.
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology or the Software Delivery Life Cycle.
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with diverse audience across Business and Technical teams.
- Self-starter who can work independently, has exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Experience with Programming languages (e.g. SQL, Hive)
- Experience and good acumen for analyzing, slicing and dicing data while deriving significant insights
- Information Management, Computer Science, or related degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Good understanding of payments industry & systems
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 4:29:20 PM