You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Do you love puzzles? Can you generate meaningful insights from data to support product vision? Do you have a knack for finding patterns in the data? If so, this may be the right role for you!
This position will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA). The role is integral part of EDA and supports Customer 360 which help build foundational data capabilities used across enterprise. The team is focused on enabling the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing your customers (individuals and businesses) and having a holistic understanding of them.
Customer 360 is an AXP-wide capability that provides a global enterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationship with at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, and linkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This is fundamentally reshaping our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveraging Amex internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms and Big Data environment.
We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail when it comes to developing the most effective technology led solutions to improve our customer’s experiences. We are looking for a high-caliber individual who will be responsible for generating meaningful insights from data and support product manager(s)/product owner(s) with their analytical insights in driving the product vision. This is a very much hands-on role that would require the individual to be able to write codes in multiple programming languages to go deeper into the data and look for any patterns, issues and insights.
What will you do at American Express?
- Focus on supporting business use case specific data analysis, create specific business rules on data trends, data monitoring and taking remediate action.
- Create / document / execute User Acceptance Test cases for new application capabilities.
- Manage product issues and drive towards a speedy issue resolution.
- Manage customer expectations including scope, schedule, changes, and problem resolution.
- Drive on-time, high quality project deliverables.
- Document UAT test scripts, execute robust UAT and compile UAT feedback for appropriate action to resolve test failures.
- Appropriate action to highlight challenges and ensure resolution via correct channels.
- Project documentation including requirement documents, UAT test results and project tracker.
- 1-2 years of experience in product/data analyst roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to think through all aspects of complex business requirements and generate possible courses of action.
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task.
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives.
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in 1 or more programming language such as SQL, Python, SAS, Hive, Java etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas clearly.
- Agile/SAFe methodologies and previous product experience are pluses.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 4:24:31 PM