American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is dedicated exclusively to the success of businesses around the globe, both big and small. Our objective is to become the leading payment and working capital provider for our Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) customers globally.
Within Global Commercial Card Lending, our team currently owns all US proprietary (non-cobranded) credit cards, our pay over time feature available for all US charge cards, and its holistic value propositions / customer experiences focused on the Small Medium Enterprise segment. We have embarked on an ambitious growth plan to replicate this strategy globally with customization for the local market dynamics. In 2021, the priority is to deliver Pay Over Time to the Canadian and UK SBS Charge portfolios.
We are seeking an Analyst of New Product Development for International Card Lending that will provide overarching support to our credit card products, installment lending on card, and pay over time feature for our charge cards across SME internationally. This team will develop and launch products, features or treatments across multiple markets to grow our lending customer base and deepen lending engagement with our customers across our key international markets for SME card based lending. The mission of this team is to pioneer a way to build foundational lending capabilities that are shared and consistent across multiple markets. This is a unique opportunity to shape the team from the ground up and accelerate our culture of international lending excellence. The Analyst will report into the Director of New Product Development for International Commercial Card Lending. This is an exciting growth area for American Express and will enable excellent visibility to Senior Leadership.
This team will work closely with central and local product management, risk management, finance, marketing, and technology teams to identify market opportunities, target the right prospects and unlock opportunities within the existing customer base. All of this is done with a consistent focus on balancing portfolio economics and risk for both top and bottom-line objectives.
- Drive the roadmap, prioritization, and lead end-to-end product development for multi-market lending capabilities with initial focus to shape the product vision and roadmap
- Partner closely with and influence key stakeholders across the globe, including Technologies, Risk, Marketing, Finance, GCO, Compliance, Enterprise Digital and Operations to communicate the product vision and high-level business needs
- Serve as the key point of contact for the international commercial product line by sharing best practices and lessons learned across markets and business units with key stakeholders and partners
- Day to day interface with Global Consumer Lending on Enterprise wide capabilities
- Understand product line effectiveness and overall profitability to identify, evaluate and implement opportunities that strengthen the product line including new product development, product refreshes and migrations
- Highly strategic thinker who can creatively and quickly adapt style and approach based on industry, partner, marketplace trends
- Demonstrated experience in new product development & management, with a customer-first approach to keep us at the forefront of innovation
- Understanding of lending economics, user experience and risk management
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence with the ability to engage and influence partners to drive collaboration and alignment both in-person and virtually
- Exceptional ability to problem solve and distill complex topics and various data into actionable strategies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to leverage large data sets to inform business decisions
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to drive results across numerous work streams in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrates a growth mindset that embraces change and is adaptable to a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Prior international experience is preferred
- Winning attitude that motivates teams and partners alike
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 5:13:43 PM