We’re looking for an enthusiastic, diligent Senior Quality Engineer to work with R42 team on the US Loyalty Platform. The candidate should have excellent soft skills, strong technical ability with an extensive passion to learn.
The function of the team is to drive automation and Continuous Deployment (CD), Continuous Integration (CI) across a multitude of teams by building frameworks, promoting best practices and evolving and investigating new technologies so that the test team always excogitate alongside the Engineering teams.
The position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form working relationships quickly and add value by introducing and implementing best test practices and technique.
Within this role, candidate selected will be accountable for business and customer related automation for tests throughout the CICD pipeline. Key individual between the Product Owner's customer and business requests, development, and the corresponding demonstrated functionality. Accountable for following and driving the test strategy forward on the platform and adhering to any requirements surrounding test cases and defects (SDLC).
Lead Test Automation Strategies, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and Architectures across multiple teams Partner with Senior Engineers and architects and analyze where Test Automation can be implemented and improved Enhance existing Regression packs or create new Frameworks to ensure that Unit, Component and Integration tests with CD/CID are integrated Work with Senior Engineers, Product Owners and Senior QA engineers to deliver target code quality
Ability to create quality metrics which can be reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques Investigate New Open-Source Technologies that could improve current frameworks and implement where appropriate.
- Comfortable with modern test-focused development approaches (communities such as MOT are a good start)
- Comfortable/experienced with back-end micro-service automation specifically REST and Kafka services (including supporting infrastructure, pipeline tools, VC etc.)
- Comfortable with at least one programming language (ideally Golang)
- Comfortable/experience within a Scrum framework working with as part of a team to deliver business functions and customer journeys that are tested and automated throughout the CICD pipeline to production
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid Understanding of test-driven development, unit, component, functional, system integration, regression, GUI, web service, and browser compatibility testing
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, React JS, Jersey, Karate API, Rest Assured, Docker and J-Meter.
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, ARA, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT or SVN and service virtualization
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021, 1:24:25 PM