Global Merchant and Network Services, the merchant network of American Express, acquires, maintains and grows relationships with merchants (B2C and B2B) who welcome American Express branded cards.
The Senior Manager’s primary responsibilities will be for driving revenue growth and elevating and managing relationships with fast-growing companies across various industries across northern California.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment. You will oversee a portfolio of 90-100 clients representing approximately a $1 Billion in American Express charge volume. You will be responsible for expanding and managing American Express’ merchant relationships through consultative selling and a creative approach.
- Highly customer-focused and results-driven, with demonstrated success in pipeline management
- 5+ years of working experience in similar field or function required with emphasis on B2B expansion within managed base
- Strong business knowledge and financial acumen
- Strong partner or relationships , sales, collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills – internally and externally; including with c-level executives
- Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills; ability to think broadly to match or create appropriate and new solutions to client needs
- Strong background in data analytics and interpretation to drive customer strategy
- Self-starter, self-motivated with ability to work well within a team
- Ability to remain flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the merchant business and/or the U.S. payments industry and portfolio geography are pluses
- Must be personable, engaging and confident
- MBA preferred but not required
Position is virtual with candidate residing in Northern California. The majority of the merchants are located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 11:51:11 AM