Small merchants play a critical role in the strength of our economy and American Express has a history of being an advocate for small merchants. By providing visibility, marketing and developing signature programs such as, our year-round Shop Small program and Small Business Saturday, American Express has helped get more customers to their shops.
The U.S. Small Merchants organization is responsible for building unique experiences for merchants through third-party acquiring partnerships, effective client management, world-class analytics, promotions and marketing initiatives. The team is dedicated to helping small merchants succeed and grow by providing them with a range of tools and resources – lending products, online resources and discussion, digital promotions and social media tools – as well as advocacy and support.
The Channel Enablement Team (CET) within the U.S. Small Merchants organization is focused on activating, entrenching and growing both Proprietary and OptBlue small merchants. The CET team is responsible for developing strategies that deliver value, build loyalty and grow charge volume. This Senior Partner Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Merchant Visits program (approximately 600,000 visits per year and 125 vendor headcount), working across the Small Merchant Portfolio to coordinate ongoing and new treatment launches, driving channel efficiencies, and continually improving upon the results of small merchant interactions.
The Senior Partner Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing the vendor partnership for the Merchant Visits program, from contract negotiation through on-going program performance.
- Overseeing vendor program budget, forecasting, invoice expense reconciliation and payment processing.
- Developing the launch strategy through data and analytics for new types of Small Merchant interactions within targeted merchant segments to ensure the right messages are being delivered to the right merchants at the right time.
- Identifying and implementing improvements within the channel to achieve better contact rates, lead rates, and overall conversation quality – all of which should lead to growth in merchants’ engagement, satisfaction and charge volume.
- Translating merchant conversations into “insights” which can then be developed into new content/treatment/tools by our internal business partners.
- Ensure training materials are aligned with organizational goals and delivery ensures high quality merchant conversations.
- Evolving the AXP value proposition to improve merchant satisfaction and grow market share among small businesses.
- Drive projects (including technical investments) that improve channel efficiencies and results.
- Lead initiatives to capture data from merchant conversations, using both American Express and vendor-built platforms.
- Serving as a small merchant subject matter expert.
- Program budget management/financial oversight and payment process experience.
- Experience working effectively and driving results in cross-functional teams is required.
- Prior experience with vendor management and/or account/client management.
- Strong relationship-building and direct/indirect influencing skills.
- Complex project management experience.
- Ability to think strategically, see the big picture and launch new, innovative programs.
- Aptitude to drive results across stakeholders at all levels while executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to engage and influence senior leaders.
- Advanced analytical mindset.
- Experience/knowledge of GMS business is preferred.
- Experience working with tech partners a plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021, 8:26:37 PM