“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager with a strong technology background to join our team. You will be responsible as Scrum Master and Technical Management. This position is being filled to support high priorities and hence provides opportunity for great experience and exposure to leadership. It requires Agile savvy, impactful communicator who is confident with exceptional technical management skills and has a go getter attitude.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Technical Scrum Master of a team to deliver solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product and Engineers.
- Drive as Agent of Change, a conduit / advocate of agile maturity transformation by continuously seeking improvement.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Engineers to define and drive Metrics/OKRs/KPIs.
- Coach and Challenge Product and Engineering teams to live and breathe agile principles
- Collaborate across teams to bring them together and manage dependencies.
- Resolving impediments precluding teams from making progress against plans.
- Driver of a faster decision-making process.
- Understand the technical details sufficiently that they can meaningfully represent the team
- Data driven / logical in implementing. Excited by going deeper vs broader. Not shying away from contributes technical discussions.
- Maintaining release and dependency plans across Engineering teams and external partners
- Actively identifying, managing and raising risks, issues, and changes tied to product development initiatives.
- Conducting PI Planning sessions and Scrum ceremonies, with a focus on continuously learning from the past
- Finding opportunities to embrace innovative technologies and processes
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
This high-energy Technical Project Manager should have:
- 10+ years of IT experience with 3+ years of agile experience scrum master managing scrum team for medium to large software development projects
- Comes from technical delivery background with good understanding of software engineering and technologies.
- Organized, diligent, proactive and passionate about delivery
- Excellent in Agile, Scrum development teams delivering fast paced environment.
- Experience understanding technology solutions at an enterprise-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with third parties, development and product managers
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity, advocating for simplification, influencing teams and being able to build your own path to navigate to solutions
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing Ecosystem and Processes is plus.
- Past Technology Experience is a plus
- Passion to enable business capabilities through innovation
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent working experience is preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 4:15:39 PM