You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a part of the Colleague Experience Group we strive to provide a great colleague experience every day. We obsess over understanding the colleague experience at a deeper level to co-create simple and great ways of working that enable everyone to be and deliver their best. We make a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
The Colleague Experience Group (CEG, formerly HR – Human Resources) has a simple vision: To provide a great colleague experience every day.
The Manager, Colleague Strategic Partner (CSP, formerly Human Resource Business Partner – HRBP) will support numerous teams within the Global Services Group (GSG) organization. These teams represent over 25k colleagues delivering the American Express brand promise 24/7/365 within GSG.
The focus of this position will be on talent, performance, change and culture, partnering with business leaders. The incumbent will support CEG processes and support the delivery of multiple strategic priorities and projects across the teams focused on:
- Using data analysis to identify areas of opportunity and increase the quality of diverse talent with a focus on inclusive leadership on representation, development and retention of talent to support the colleague scorecard
- Lead talent efforts to strengthen business capabilities through proactive management of top talent and programs to attract and retain the best customer facing talent.
- Define critical roles and capabilities and align on strategic talent and succession plans.
- Facilitating career development, advancement and succession planning, for prioritized talent segments.
- Translate strategic imperatives into performance goals.
- Set and hold a high bar for performance by defining high/low performance and holding leaders accountable to managing their talent against these standards.
- Support balance of Shareholder, Customer and Colleague goals, incentives, policy and practices.
- Coach senior leadership and provide developmental feedback, as appropriate.
- Ensure a culture to support agility and develop leaders who can lead, manage, and sustain change.
- Maintain active involvement in Colleague Relations to minimize organizational risk while serving as a colleague advocate.
Change and culture leadership
- Identify organization effectiveness opportunities and drive and manage complex change leadership efforts that will drive business outcomes.
- Consult on key projects.
- Establish proactive partnerships with CEG colleagues in the various markets and centers of excellence in order to ensure solutions are meeting business needs.
Inclusion & diversity leadership
- Define a strategy which integrates I&D behaviors in all aspect of the colleague lifecycle
- Use a data driven approach to frame and measure processes intended to strengthen inclusion
- Partner with leaders as they define a culture which prioritizes inclusion and diversity
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in an HR generalist capacity including experience and understanding of the recruitment and selection, compensation, talent leadership, change leadership, employee relations and employee communications processes.
- External consulting experience or formal internal consulting experience in an HR or organizational change discipline is preferred.
- Strong project and change management skills in an HR or organizational change discipline is preferred.
- Proven track record of being highly involved with the organization at mid to senior levels and brings insights as well as solutions.
- Intellectual courage and curiosity and an ability to effectively influence and build support; be a risk taker, including speaking up when appropriate.
- Strong data affinity, fast learner on general and Amex-specific CEG systems
- Ability to use data to develop insights, make decisions, create solutions and drive continuous improvement.
- Independence and unquestioned integrity; ability to handle sensitive colleague relations and compliance related issues.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with senior leadership, business partners and across CEG building and maintaining credibility with senior business partners.
- Thorough understanding of the business and its drivers.
- Excellent Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience equivalent required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 4:41:59 PM