You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
- Functioning as senior member of an Agile team helping drive consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Analyzing business features and user stories and refining with the Product Owner to appropriately support design and build activities.
- Working with Product Owners to prioritize features and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Performing all technical development for assigned applications including architecture, design, developing prototypes, writing new code and API's and performing unit and assembly testing of developed software also as needed
- Hand-on architecture working closely with technical architects and architecture governance technical team for solution development and design reviews
- Supporting integration and performance tests and providing demo of results to technical and product partners
- Performing peer code reviews, making deliberate short- and long-term design decisions and keeping constant focus on clearing technical debt items in the backlog
- Enabling the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- More than 50%+ of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation of re-usable frameworks to drive down incidents and improve overall efficiencies within the Digital Workplace servicing organization
- Leading your own project. Suggest, collect, and synthesize requirements.
- Create an effective roadmap towards the deployment of a production-level Automation platform.
- Architecting, estimating, and planning Automation Platform solutions to problems
- Implement highly scalable Automated platforms and deep learning models to solve real-world problems
- Actively participate in team and company-wide Automation Engineering discussions and forums
- Applying cutting edge research in artificial intelligence, machine learning and automation
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
High performing behaviors:
- Be a productivity multiplier across multiple teams by analyzing your workflow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Collaborates with leadership across multiple teams to define solution requirements and technical implementation
- Demonstrate technical expertise to help team members overcome technical problems
- Solves technical problems outside of day-to-day responsibilities
- Contributes to the success of many teams achieving their goals
- Develop team’s strategy and prioritize initiatives
- Assist in retaining and hiring talented team members
- Elevate your team to high performing individuals
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with Spring Boot, micro-services, relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated experience of writing applications for deployment on cloud environments including OpenShift and Docker containers with a full understanding of CI/CD
- Demonstrated experience with AI, ML and Robotic Process Automation
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages and proven ability to understand and use complex data structures and associated components
- Demonstrated experience with RESTful API design and implementations
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team including tech and business partners in team meetings in person or video/tele conferencing.
- Desirable to have experience with performance and monitoring tools e.g. Splunk and App Dynamics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2021, 5:31:28 PM