The US Customer Marketing Team, within the Consumer Marketing Services group, strives to deliver marketing on behalf of the enterprise that makes American Express essential to our Card Members. Responsibilities include end to end marketing strategy and execution across the Card Member lifecycle including early tenure, loyalty and retention. The team includes a group of talented, passionate marketers who rally to leverage the customer as a platform for growth ─ driving margin & share of wallet, along with deepening the loyalty & satisfaction among our customer base.
The Sr. Analyst will join the U.S. Customer Marketing Enablement team, responsible for developing and implementing lifecycle marketing strategies and technologies which enrich customer and marketer experiences for future growth. The Customer Marketing Enablement Team partners across Product, Operations, Technology, Data Science & Analytics teams to enable new products & benefit offerings, drive deeper engagement, open revenue streams, and unlock new marketing capabilities.
The Sr. Analyst, Customer Marketing Experience will focus on advancing a multi-year Customer Marketing Relationship (CRM) capability roadmap and support our Customer Contact strategy for existing Card Members, furthering key work streams within the program and collaborating across the organization to identify new ideas, prioritize and bring new ideas to market.
The Sr. Analyst will own planning for the future Customer Marketing technology pipeline as we look to partner with our Enterprise Digital and Marketing Operations teams to develop effective planning processes, new business case development, and governance to enable new customer experiences for our existing Card Members. The ideal candidate loves rolling up their sleeves and understanding how external companies are treating their customers in channels like email, web, mobile and phone and finding new ways to connect marketing content to those channels to excite our Card Members.
- Work closely with your partners and colleagues to create and maintain the US Customer Marketing technology pipeline, communicating changes and/or launches on an ongoing basis to the marketing community and leadership
- Own technology request intake process from requirements gathering, quantifying potential business opportunity, and entry into required systems for tracking (i.e JIRA), prioritization, and development
- Represent Customer Marketing and provide support in the development of strategic initiatives across all stages, from ideation to execution planning in partnership with marketing, digital product, CX design, technology, finance, and operations stakeholders
- Own the Customer Marketing Contact strategy, developing guiding principles that optimize the Customer experience for different customer segments, enabling the ability to deliver the right message at the right time to existing Customers.
- Continuously evaluate potential new processes and technologies for improving the overall Customer experience and responsiveness across digital and traditional channels.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with ability to document new ideas, assign deliverables and track progress to move them forward across multiple stakeholder teams
- Independent thinker, proactive, creative and resourceful
- Project management: exceptional ability to balance work effectively, influence and collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to generate meaningful and timely insights
- Strategic thinker with ability to work through ambiguity in white-space environments, including balancing operational efficiency with a sense of what is “right” for the American Express Customer
- Comfortable creating presentations for stakeholders across all levels and effective communicating to varying audiences
- On the pulse of new and emerging technologies in the market
- Passion for Marketing and the Customer experience
- Experience in a related field (Marketing or Digital technology)
- BA/BS required
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2021, 11:10:46 AM