“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative travel products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class card member experiences across multiple travel booking channels in Travel & Lifestyle Service Technologies. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze requirements/user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Perform all technical aspects of software development (I write, I test, I support) and automation
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Perform unit, component, integration testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Be a change agent, technology evangelist, and innovator to introduce new tools and technologies to improve productivity
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years software development experience in a professional environment
- Understanding of Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Understanding of object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Experience in creating and implementing and integrating with REST and SOAP based Web Services.
- Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SOAP UI, Postman), Jenkins
- Exposure to object-oriented design and development across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Exposure to methods relating to application design, software development, and automated testing
- General knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, data structures, relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Exposure to Java, JEE, Spring, SpringBoot
- Recognizes the importance of collaboration to achieve objectives
- Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others
- Manages assigned tasks effectively; acts on own initiative without being prompted
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents application components
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
Having below skills/knowledge is a plus:
- Exposure to Web Services Security, Batch oriented frameworks, Vertx, Reactive Programming
- Exposure to working with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL etc..) and NoSQL (Couchbase, Cassandra, Mongo) databases
- Exposure to working with message driven systems (Kafka, Solace, OpenMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Exposure with internationalization and localization
- Travel domain knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2021, 9:32:03 AM