Sr. Manager, Acquisition and Loyalty Analytics
The Strategy, Product and Analytics (SPA) team is part of the Merchant Services US (MS-U.S.) group within Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS). The team partners closely with business leaders and plays a key role in strengthening U.S. Merchant value proposition by leveraging analytics, product, and industry expertise across the entire organization. The MS-U.S. Analytics team within SPA proactively supports MS-U.S. through advanced analytics and insights with an eye towards improved business performance and growth.
MS-U.S. is making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day” by building unique experiences for merchants through third-party acquiring partnerships, effective client management, world-class analytics, promotions and marketing initiatives. This position represents an exciting opportunity within Analytics team to help MS-U.S. profitably retain and grow a high value portfolio of over 11M merchants that collectively deliver over $800B in annual charge volume.
Specifically, this position will focus on:
- Creating world class analytics and adding valuable insights to inform US Partnerships’ acquisition strategy
- Lead the analytics, measurement and reporting across Key Performance Indicators
- Creating data segmentation & optimization strategies for targeting merchants with the right campaigns /incentive across multiple channels to boost Welcome Acceptance
- Develop insights into merchant behavior and introduce new approaches to transform complex behavioral data into actionable information
- Partner with US Partnerships on strategic initiatives driving growth
- Establish and maintain close relationships with key partners in GMNS to understand business strategies, develop goals / objectives, and address challenges and opportunities
- Enable transformation in decision making capabilities across channels by exploring big data/machine learning techniques integrating traditional structured data with unstructured data
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Economics)
- Expertise in database management systems (e.g., SQL, SAS etc.) and Tableau is required; Knowledge and experience with Python a plus
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply both quantitative methods and business skills to create insights and drive results
- Excellent business writing and presentation with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of managements and influence strategy
- Strong collaborator with an ability to build relationships and challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 2:25:58 PM