You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions
At Enterprise Digital & Analytics we place enormous emphasis on users and usability. With our mix of assets like payments, rewards, benefits and members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a modern, digital and connected world.
We are looking for a product owner to join our US Consumer Prop App Experience product team. You will have the opportunity to learn new things and see how you can make a direct contribution to the success of our company.
You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. You will have a real passion for using technology to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems, for bold decision-making and for digital innovation. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
Does this sound like you?
As a Product Owner you will;
- Provide support to core product development and testing as part of releases
- Support product backlog management and prioritization, including grooming user stories and maintaining the backlog for a scrum team
- Partner with agile scrum team to deliver product level enhancement
- Monitor KPI analytics for US consumer applications to uncover optimization opportunities and maintain web/ mobile tagging standards
- Support the team with ad hoc analysis needs to support broader product strategy
- Focus on quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive conversion optimization hypotheses
You should have the following skills and qualifications;
- Ability to build, maintain and prioritize a product backlog
- Experience with digital analytics; ability to analyze large sets of data and identify areas of improvement
- Ability to effectively adapt under changing task priorities and in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to build relationships, influence decisions and make things happen without direct authority
- A real passion for all things digital; in depth understanding of the latest digital trends, competitive landscape, technology advances, devices and consumer insights
- Experience in matrix organizations and cross-functional environments
- Previous/current Product Development/Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with web analytics tools like Omniture (Adobe Analytics) Suite, Tealeaf, Google Analytics, etc. a plus
- Experience with Agile software development and collaboration tools such as Rally Software, Atlassian (JIRA) Suite, Slack a plus
- Familiarity with basic UX/UI principles and Responsive Web Design (RWD) preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2021, 2:47:04 PM