You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
This Analyst position sits in the LAC Merchant Pricing team within Global Merchant Pricing (GMP) and is responsible for driving the strategy and data analyses for key projects, leading core pricing processes as well as partnering with the Sales and Client management team on merchant specific analyses and deals across Merchant Services LAC. This role is best suited for a strong project manager with excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Providing consultative and analytic support to GMS Pricing as well as the Sales and Client Management teams for account negotiations and various pricing initiatives
• Driving the sizing and post implementation tracking of critical strategies and pricing programs
• Partnering with Senior Manager to develop and manage scope lists and training materials for pricing initiative strategies
• Managing the analytics and play a key role in the strategy for the Plan N (Meses sin Intereses) program in Mexico
• Act as the first point of contact for all technical pricing queries and also collaborate with the Global Pricing team to build and develop business critical pricing structures
• Evaluating outcomes of various pricing scenarios and ramifications of specific business decisions
• Provide analytical support to the monthly and annual Discount Rate forecasting and planning processes
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in financial services industry and/or other Finance related roles
• Strong aptitude for analytics. Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-add insights from large amounts of financial data
• High proficiency with Excel and creating models that accommodate review of multiple scenarios or possible outcomes
• High proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
• Bachelor's Degree required and experience in business management, finance, consulting, data analysis or a related field preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, strong project management skills
• Comfortable with shifting priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Strong work ethic with a will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
• Superior communication skills in English - oral and written
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 4:39:21 PM