Frankfurt am Main
- Winning Country by Country – providing visibility and financial insights to CET (Country Executive Team) on country performance and long term plans; ensure we are deploying all funds efficiently in each country, focusing on growth and value creation. Consumer (ICS) LFO will coordinate and align with all Finance BU groups
- Proactively working with the Consumer business group to identify critical business questions and frame the correct analyses to make decisions
- Preparing financials for Consumer investment lists, optimising for strong ROI and then tracking performance across channels and products, with recommendations for efficiency gains
- Working with Business Unit Forecast Planning & Analysis (BU FP&A) to generate ICS month end performance analytics identifying actions needed to grow volumes & margins
- Working with BU FP&A and Finance Centres of Excellence (Lending, Loyalty, Risk) to prepare ICS medium and long term financial outlooks and trends for the markets identifying the role that products, channels and capabilities (lending, insurance, Travel & Lifestyle) will play to drive growth
- Preparing financial insight for ICS business changes, product developments and commercial negotiations enabling markets to deliver on expectations
- Developing decision science thinking in ICS team with use of IDN and SAS tools in short term + Tableau, Hive, Python & Cornerstone in longer term to drive cardmember level analysis of marginal P&L, product and investment performance
- Managing and providing regular coaching and development to a direct report, located in London
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- MBA or Financial qualification equivalent, with 6+ years significant experience in Finance roles
- Fluent German & English language skills
- Knowledge of SQL / SAS data mining tools, strong analytical skillset and ability to use mass data and P&L to identify key messages, communicating complex ideas simply.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to translate complex financial analysis into value added recommendations
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple stakeholders requests and to coordinate deliverables from multiple subject matter experts
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and tackle complex problems with limited direction from leader
- Proven experience of leading teams in a complex and multi-stakeholder environment with multiple projects, delegating and developing individuals
- Ability to network and build strong relationships using data to influence and working collaboratively to find solutions
- Knowledge of the Consumer Card business
- Knowledge of planning, investment management, financial modelling (including advance experience with TM1)
- Commercial negotiation experience
- Knowledge of external competitive environment and industry trends including Fin Tech and regulation (including PSD2 & GDPR)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes Amex an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2021, 10:18:11 AM