Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. We are in the business of helping our clients get business done! To maintain success, accelerating sales and driving profitable charge volume growth are essential for the organization. The Pricing, Performance, and Insights team is instrumental in driving these objectives!
The strategic planning analyst will play a critical role in supporting the development of growth and analytic-driven strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working alongside senior leadership with GCS. This position will support the development and implementation of analytical tools and support development of recommendations and reporting solutions to provide consultative support to the GCS leadership team. This position will highlight trends, risks and opportunities to drive enhanced business decision-making process with insightful analytics. This position will work very closely with the Marketing and ED&A teams to optimize strategies to drive growth in the sales organization.
What are we looking for?
- Data-driven: Perform complex analysis and use predictive modeling to identify tactics for channel optimization of existing areas and ideate brand new opportunities
- Strong Communicator: Ability to drive alignment among customers and key stakeholders; Ability to write compelling messages addressed to various audiences/levels within the organization
- Being strategic: Self-motivated individual who can problem-solve and think critically with ability to develop actionable insights backed by data and analytics; Identify opportunities to initiate analysis that better business performance
- Results-Oriented: High level of accountability and ability to solve ambiguous challenges; Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Out of the box thinking: Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams and work across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Data Analytics or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel (pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint)
- Proficient in CRM tools, Salesforce, and statistical software programming and models (I.E. SAS, SQL, HIVE, Python) or equivalent
- Experience in Tableau and Big Data
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and derive insight
- Ability to quickly build relationships and partner across cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task, operate autonomously, and prioritize effectively
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm and sense of humor is a must!
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 4:45:19 PM