You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Purpose of the Role:
- Contributing to the rollout of various infrastructure automation capabilities for our database engineers and also enabling self-service solutions for the developer community.
As Senior Engineer – Full Stack, you will play a key role in our mission to implement automation and drive agility and efficiencies across the full spectrum of database development lifecycle activities at American Express. You are a passionate Full Stack developer with strong foundations and practical experience in DevOps and Infrastructure. As a member of the Data Services team you will be contributing to the rollout of various infrastructure automation capabilities for our database engineers and also enabling self-service solutions for the developer community. This includes developing user and service interfaces and their integration with Amex Global Infrastructure Services Portal.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
• Leader and core member of an agile team driving the development of automation solutions for database infrastructure
• Write front-end & back-end code and unit tests; utilize API specs
• Lead software design, code builds and reviews, automated testing and deployments
• Identify opportunities and work collaboratively with database infrastructure service providers, engineering, and operations teams to develop tools to automate database processes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• 5+ years of software development experience in Python (Flask), Go, Java
• 3+ years of front-end development experience in React or Angular (React preferred)
• 2+ years of experience with implementing web APIs
• 2+ years of experience with consuming data from services and data streams
• 2+ years of experience in public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, and Azure
• Experience with Agile development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and provide solutions
• Strong communication skills, with ability to articulate technical solutions effectively across diverse group of stakeholders
• Need to be a fast learner willing to adapt to evolving needs of the developer community
• Experience with cloud native application design and development
• Experience with database technologies such as Postgres, Oracle, Couchbase, Cassandra
• 2+ years of experience with infrastructure automation
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 18, 2021, 6:57:51 AM