Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Card Transaction Engine and Transaction Routing
- Payment Tokenization and API platform
- Platform Engineering and Foundational Capabilities of distributed systems
- High Availability, Resiliency and Performance Engineering on Cloud
- Develop, enhance and maintain JMeter perf test suites
- Execute perf./load tests for high volume, distributed systems deployed in a hybrid model (cloud & on-prem)
- Collect and collate performance metrics and results, and publish reports
- Work with peer engineers to arrive at performance test design and identify scenarios for inclusion in test
- ork with infrastructure, SRE and development teams to root-cause and remediate identified performance issues/anomalies
- Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with minimum 5 years of work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and executing performance tests using JMeter scripts
- Experience in workload profiling, capacity planning, scalability assessment etc.
- Experience working with performance monitoring and profiling tools
- Knowledge of RDMBS and hands-on experience working with at least one database (eg., Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Exposure to continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) software delivery model
- Experience working in DevOps teams OR SAFe/Agile (Scrum) teams
Nice to Have
- Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.
- Experience in using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems such as Redis, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra
- Hands-on programming experience in any one language (Python, Java etc.)
- Exposure to agile software development methodology (eg. scrums etc.)
- Experience working with tools like Maven, Git/BitBucket, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins
- Experience working in Unix environments
- Exposure to BigData-based software architectures
- Prior experience working in financial/payment domain
- Exposure to Chaos Engineering
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 5:45:47 AM