Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Card Transaction Engine and Transaction Routing
- Payment Tokenization and API platform
- Platform Engineering and Foundational Capabilities of distributed systems
- High Availability, Resiliency and Performance Engineering on Cloud
- Relevant software development experience (minimum Java 7, Java 8 preferable) in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Your primary proven software development experience will be using Java Technologies – Vertx, Spring MVC, Spring Data and Spring Boot and RESTful micro services.
- 5 to 7 years of software development experience
- Being a technical coder
- Strong OOPs concepts , concurrency , exception handling etc
- Datastructures and Algorithms , Strong OS fundamentals , Advanced Java concepts
- Experience with Functional Programming practices
- Strong implementation experience using languages Java. Keen understanding of how to build highly performant systems with such languages.
- Hands on experience in building distributed micro-service systems, experience with Service Mesh products/frameworks like such as Envoy, Linkerd, Istio, gRPC/ProtoBuf; Distributed System Management/tracing and monitoring such as Zipkin/Jaeger, ELK Stack, Prometheus
- Have experience in designing and building Cloud native applications. Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are a plus.
- Experience in using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems such as Redis, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems.
- Experience working in DevOps teams and Scrums.
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 5:47:17 AM