Band 35 –Manager - Relationship Management (AP)
Various defined locations, (e.g. Japan) but also may cover other multiple countries.
Global Real Estate and Workplace Experience (GREWE) is the global team at Amex that is responsible for the full lifecycle of planning, execution and operations of Amex offices globally. GREWE supports over 65,000 Amex colleagues and contractors in over eight million square feet of property located in 41 countries. Our real estate portfolio consists of large full-service campuses, office buildings, sales offices and airport lounges. The sites may be owned, leased or be occupied through a serviced space arrangement.
Amex treats Real Estate as a company asset, centrally managed, decisioned and budgeted at the highest segment results P&L. GREWE has global financial responsibility for Real Estate and is part of the broader global business services (GBS) organization which delivers critical shared services to colleagues across the entire enterprise.
We work in close collaboration with stakeholders in Colleague Experience Group (CEG), American Express Technology (AET), Global Security (GS) as well as rely extensively on our network of vendor partners to deliver a safe, productive and desirable work environment for all the Amex business units and users that work in our offices.
GREWE seeks to be a proactive and flexible enterprise function supporting Amex growth and colleague experience. The entire team is focused on delivering against the following common goals that are linked to specific initiatives and metrics across different regions and functions within the team:
• Proactively enable long term enterprise growth and profitability
• Be the workplace of choice in all markets and across all functions
• Continuously improve delivery efficiency, flexibility and speed
• Build and manage the best team as one GREWE (including our vendor partners)
• Consistently manage compliance, fiscal performance, risk and safety globally
At Amex, employees view each other as colleagues – part of the same team, striving to deliver the brand promise to customers and each other every day. Individual performance is essential and valued, but never at the expense of the team. Amex is a diverse and inclusive company and serves diverse customers. Amex believes it is a better company when employees feel included, valued and able to trust colleagues who respect each other for who they are and what they contribute to the collective success. The GREWE team believes that the workplace reflects and shapes Amex culture. Through our products and services, we continuously foster the Amex brand, culture and values across all our diverse regions.
Amex Asia Pacific (AP) Operations
Amex has ~ 10,000 colleagues and contractors housed in ~30 buildings across the Asia Pacific region. The largest locations are Manila, Tokyo, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Singapore. Many other small sales offices are also located in other major cities in the region. Across the region these offices house every Amex business and some (Manila, Kuala Lumpur) support multiple critical global functions on a 24x7 basis.
Specific functions provided by GREWE in these offices include:
• Hard Services (facilities management FM)
o Facilities Management
o Moves/ Adds / Changes
o Repairs and maintenance
o Transport and parking (where applicable)
• Soft Services (workplace services)
o Dining Services Food and beverage
o Meeting / training
o Mail delivery
o Colleague communities
Additionally, GREWE is also responsible for the delivery of capital projects and leasing transactions that are necessary to support the continued growth of Amex businesses in AP.
Reporting to the GREWE VP Regional Operations (AP), GREWE Manager Relationship Management (AP) will be responsible for managing day to day relationships with the internal Amex customers and leaders in Japan (and potentially other AP markets) regarding GREWE services and space needs. S/he will be a key stakeholder within all aspects of the real estate management lifecycle for the facilities that American Express employees currently occupy or will occupy (new Sites) across the AP region.
To ensure seamless delivery of the workplace experience s/he collaborates closely with other regional and global GREWE functions (transaction management, design and construction, facilities management, workplace services, etc.), CEG (medical, benefits, etc.), Global Security Services, Regulatory Agencies, Country Leaders, and Country Executive Teams/Boards. The success of this role is measured through employee satisfaction surveys, user feedback, and proactivity in service deliver and planning.
While the responsibility to provide a safe, secure and productive workplace that meets all necessary regulatory requirements is a given, s/he will need a service excellence and hospitality mindset to drive the GREWE goal of making Amex the “workplace of choice” for all our businesses and colleagues in every market. Innovations and improvements to enhance the colleague experience will need to be locally relevant while furthering the global Amex culture and brand. S/he will also need to have rigorous analytical and financial skills to drive creative solutions that focus on value generation and capture unique market opportunities.
Responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Cultivate relationships with Business Units (BUs) to understand requirements to support demand forecasting and solutions development.
• Define, plan, implement, measure and improve GREWE offerings while balancing enterprise objectives, GREWE resources and BU requirements.
• Deliver the strategic workplace known as BlueWork and execute other workplace strategies to maximize utilization.
• Develop, drive and verify implementation of GREWE initiatives ensuring appropriate change management and communication throughout the process.
• Work with GREWE team members including Planning and Administration, Transaction Management, Design and Construction, Facilities Management, Workplace Services and their contracted resources to ensure project initiatives are executed according to plan, aligned with BU expectations and in accordance with service level agreements and key performance indicators.
• Prepare aggressive but achievable solutions for business partners adjusting as necessary based on changing circumstances.
• Partner with Colleague Experience Group, Digital Workplace, Security, Communications and other key functional areas for solution development and seamless delivery of GREWE initiatives
• Bring new ideas and innovation to current processes and solutions.
• Deliver an exceptional customer and colleague experience.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Relationship Management responsibilities. Ideally with a preeminent real estate / hospitality service provider or leading global firm
- College degree in Business Management, Real Estate or Finance desirable.
- Strong relationship skills and ability to convey warmth and hospitality
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and influence others. Excellent written and spoken English competency in addition to Japanese language competency. Additional Asian languages is beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages and executive presentations
- Analytical ability to compile, analyze and draw conclusions about real estate requirements from multiple data sources balancing potentially conflicting needs and customer asks
- Highly collaborative, balancing multiple internal stakeholders and external parties such as vendors, landlords and other service providers
- Comfortable working in multi-tasking environment with multiple stakeholders, situational ambiguity, project complexity and need for change management
- Knowledge and experience of budget and finance management, including capital planning, accrual and forecasting processes, analysis of risks and opportunities is required
- Proactive self-starter, analytical, numerate, tenacious with the ability to work under own initiative as the position has a high level of autonomy at country level.
- Strong work ethic, uncompromising integrity and hands-on approach to business that respects individuals at all levels and does not hesitate to pitch-in and do what is necessary
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2021, 2:40:05 AM