“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Accertify Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express, is a leader in providing software, tools and strategies for preventing online fraud. Accertify is committed to providing e-commerce companies with comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to fraud.
Accertify is seeking a highly motivated Big Data Developer with hands-on big data development and some big data infrastructure administration experience. The incumbent will report to Director of Big Data (DBD) and will work toward implementing initiatives proposed by DBD pertinent to Big Data infrastructure, operations, maintenance and applications. The candidate will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. This position will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
· Collaborate with internal business partners on big data projects
· Utilize technical expertise in Hadoop applications development
· Evaluate new big data tools, frameworks and technologies, explore Proof of Concept (POC) to identify optimum solutions for requested capabilities
· Ensure holistic understanding of the BIG DATA Ecosystem
· Install, maintain, and administer software on Linux servers (Some Admin Tasks)
· Automate manual processes using tools such as Python, Unix Shell (bash, ksh) etc.
· Monitor Big Data Application/Infrastructure Performance and availability
· Implement ETL processes from various data sources to Hadoop cluster
Bachelors’ of Science in Computer Science or related field
5+ years’ experience in the following:
· Developing big data pallications using Python/Java, Unix Shell (bash, ash), SQL etc.
· Big Data Components/Frameworks such as Hadoop (MapR), Spark, Yarn, Kafka, Flink etc.
· NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, MapR DB
· Big Data querying tools such as Drill, Presto, Hive etc
· Infrastructure automation tools e.g. Chef, Ansible
· Monitoring tools like Grafana, Splunk etc
· Monitoring Application/Infrastructure Performance and availability.
· Experience or understanding of developing applications in a distributed environment.
· Development tools such as GIT, and familiarity with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
· Containerization (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2021, 7:34:28 AM