You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Leadership position, professionals at this level drive the operations in the unit or a vertical and contribute to business strategy. Their decisions have a significant financial impact on the company. Their role is more strategic and supervisory and less operational.
Director - Fraud Risk Management – New Product Development and POS Authentication
This Director role leads a team of skilled risk managers responsible for the thought leadership, management and delivery of all fraud capabilities that support new product launches as well as digital and POS authentication globally. The role is responsible for designing fraud capability requirements and controls that support new product constructs, such as P2P, Debit card, tokenization, mobile wallets, QR code, Secure Remote Commerce and many others as the payments landscape evolves. It is also responsible for designing and optimizing controls around POS authentication (EMV, CID, etc.)
The role involves understanding all aspects of payment product constructs, the associated data (digital & traditional) and relevant risk vectors. The director will partner extensively with relevant product teams (such as Digital Labs) as well as fraud strategy teams and capability owners to develop controls and capabilities that support industry leading fraud rates as well as best in class customer experience.
The successful candidate should have a customer first mindset, a high level of intellectual curiosity and be passionate about building seamless customer experiences while providing industry leading fraud results. He/she should develop a strong understanding of internal capabilities and industry emerging payment technology in order to establish a global roadmap and corresponding strategy on how to integrate new capabilities into the existing infrastructure. The incumbent will need to build strong relationships with business partners, Technologies, Regional Fraud counterparts and vendors to drive the above goals.
• Knowledge of payments industry and landscape
• Solid understanding of Payment Systems, EMV, Digital Payments and Authorizations
• Strategic and innovative mindset
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Team player with an ability to work cross-culturally
• Strong track record of leading and motivating people
• Strong relationship management skills with an ability to work cross-organizationally to influence others, drive change, and implement initiatives
• Strong project management experience with a demonstrated ability to drive results and develop / implement strategies High energy, intellectually curious and infectiously positive
• MBA or Master's degree preferred
• Experience with SAS/SQL and familiarity with CAS data preferred
• Experience in fraud risk management strongly desired
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 12:01:48 PM