American Express has had a long-standing commitment to supplier diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe successful strategies, products, and services require diverse perspectives and we are committed to backing our communities by doing more business with diverse suppliers and delivering long-term, positive impact. In October 2020, American Express made that commitment public with a goal to double our diverse spend in the US by 2024. To meet this goal, we are looking to expand the Supplier Diversity Team.
About Global Supply Management
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping Amex maximize the purchasing power of over $7B of third party spend. We provide strategic consultation to the business and provide end to end procurement services. We maximize the purchasing power of the Company to drive the best value from our supplier base which then frees up investment capacity for the Blue Box. GSM together with our business partners manages the supplier strategy for the Company, identifying and on-boarding new suppliers, realizing significant cost saves and revenue generation relating to working with GCP and GMS to increase billings and merchant coverage and ensuring an optimal user experience for Amex employees and suppliers. The Supplier Diversity team is part of the Strategic Sourcing and Business Enablement (SS&BE) group within GSM and is responsible for driving Supplier Diversity and Inclusion practices across the enterprise including understanding marketplace trends, developing demand management strategies, and conducting vendor rationalization to help our business partners achieve the optimal diverse supplier mix to drive innovation and growth.
Overview of the Role:
The Supplier Diversity Program Manager role will both lead and support core workstreams across all aspects to deliver spend growth and engagement with diverse suppliers including measurement, strategy development, and partnership with diverse advocacy groups. This role will be responsible for partnering across categories to develop and grow relationships with business partners to understand objectives, key priorities, and identify opportunities to grow diverse supplier engagements. Additionally, this individual will develop strategic, forward thinking plans to enable business success and ensure American Express reaches its goal of doubling diverse spend in the US by 2024.
- Develop and grow strong relationships with business partners to gain business unit knowledge, understand goals, and identify issues and potential opportunities (e.g., influence requirements, advise business how to capture the most value from supplier relations); with a customer first mindset and strategy
- Develop strategic, forward thinking multi-year roadmap to maintain and grow spend with existing diverse suppliers and expand overall number of diverse suppliers within the Amex approved supplier list
- Bring external insights, innovative ideas, and an enterprise view on supplier diversity industry trends and best practices
- Build strong partnership with select strategic suppliers and manage them effectively
- Develop robust communication plans for three distinct audiences (GSM, business unit colleagues, and diverse suppliers) to increase awareness of, support for, and engagement with the Amex Supplier Diversity Program
- Act as a point of contact for any inquiries regarding the Amex Supplier Diversity Program
- Partner closely and represent GSM with the Office of Enterprise Inclusion, Diversity & Business Engagement and the associated sponsors to represent and establish relationships across the enterprise and externally where requested
- Maintain and promote the Blue Box Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with Enterprise business ethics
- Ability to travel 10%
- B.S. / B. A.
- 5+ years of relevant business experience, supplier diversity experience a plus
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams
- Excellent people skills, including relationship management, communication, negotiation, influencing, planning, presentation and motivation
- Executive presence and ability to work with colleagues and suppliers at all levels
- Strong leadership characteristics, including strategic thinking, financial acumen, negotiation skills and team leadership
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Collaborative and Growth Mindset
- Ability to manage day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables
- Self-starter, positive attitude, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2021, 6:06:05 PM