American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is the leading provider of payments for corporations of all sizes globally. American Express OPEN, a key part of GCP, is the leading payment card issuer for small businesses in the United States, supporting business owners with products and services to help them run and grow their companies.
This sales support position will work in collaboration with a team of field sales managers throughout the sales cycle to uncover and deliver incremental growth opportunities. This individual will also engage directly with our most strategic prospects and clients and be responsible for a variety of revenue generating activities.
- Engage prospects and clients directly to set appointments on behalf of sales team
- Engage clients to uncover and close growth opportunities
- Prioritize and maintain active pipeline of opportunities
- Engage prospects to ensure key sales objectives are met
- Drive internal lead management oversight
- Support prospecting and lead generation efforts
- Educate clients on relevant tools and resources and respond to client inquiries
- Manage marketing and trade show events
- Maintain detailed client databases and prospecting lists
- Coordinate mass client distributions and communications
- 1 - 3 years of B2B sales or relevant experience
- Externally - Bachelor Degree required, Business related degree a plus; Internally – Bachelor Degree preferred
- Cold calling and acquisition experience
- Ability to work independently in dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities
- Highly motivated and willingness to assume accountability for generating new business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships quickly and work effectively across internal teams
- High level of professionalism and business acumen
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
- SalesForce experience preferred
- Territory is New York Downtown/Brooklyn
- Prefers that candidate reside in New York
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 1:12:34 PM