You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Global Services Group (GSG) brings together the company’s external and internal servicing functions, and includes the below world-class organizations:
- Global Servicing Network, which provides exceptional care to our external customers, and
- Global Business Services, which provides many of the vital internal services that make American Express run efficiently.
Global Business Services
Global Business Services (GBS) is a shared services organization that brings together key internal functions to support all of American Express. GBS colleagues manage procurement, real estate, sales operations & business enablement, and partner with business units to execute complex change initiatives.
Sales and Business Enablement (SABE) within GBS is an internal servicing team providing sale performance reporting and business enablement support to the enterprise. The objective of the SABE Performance Reporting and Insights team is to ensure that Commercial and Merchant businesses have timely and accurate reporting, insights and forward looking actions to help drive business performance.
- Deliver comprehensive performance reporting and Insights to help the leadership team and individuals evaluate and drive business performance.
- Partner with functional leaders, Strategic Business Partners and senior leaders to remove friction points, ensure data integrity for reporting and insights to fulfill business requirements and enable actions.
- Understand complex operational systems and business intelligence tools , sales platforms for developing efficient , insightful products and offerings for customers
- Devise process improvement tools and methodologies that will ensure flawless delivery exceeding customer expectations.
- Evolve reporting to meet key business priorities, engage early on with stakeholders, gain buy in for implementing proposed solutions.
- Leverage best practices internally and bring outside-in perspective to deliver best of breed reporting and insights
Purpose: Enable sales decisions & productivity across the enterprise by delivering best in class sales performance, reporting, insights & forecasts
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
- Ensure timely & accurate delivery of reports and insights for sales teams by defining appropriate constructs & determining suitable approaches to build, publish and track performance
- Deliver performance reporting & analytical data support to business units and individual scorecards, reviews & yearly processes (Target setting, Portfolio Alignment)
- Provide forward looking trends, predictions, triggers that enhance sales force productivity.
- Engage with key stakeholders to drive initiatives to enhance sales experience.
- Automate and standardize reporting processes
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
2-6 years relevant experience with excellent knowledge Reporting and Visualization tools
Preferred: Experience in Python and Hive
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering/Management
- Understanding of sales business process
- Analytics & reporting domain experience
Analytics & Insights & Targeting
- Python, SAS, R, SQL
- Basic Statistical Knowledge: Hive/ML techniques
- Advanced data manipulation & automation skills
- Data visualization
- Exposure to Big data environment & tools
- Predictive Analytics , Automation experience
- Big Data Platforms: Cornerstone
- Visualization Platforms: VBA, Tableau
- Advanced MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Amex Platform Knowledge: CS/ CODL
- Dashboard Creation
- Sales Platforms: SFDC
- Lead management/ pipeline tracking platforms
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2021, 10:37:16 PM