You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
Enables the Technical delivery of a set of projects. Works with the application teams to design, run the acquisition, installation and configuration of the technical components of the solution, and lead the day-to-day operations of the local and deployed instances. Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions enforce defined technical standards.
Member of an infrastructure product support team reporting to an Engineering Director, extended member of Software Product Engineering Team.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Work closely with Development teams to define, frame and bring together business needs.
- Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap.
- Handle the diagnosis and correction of infrastructure problems.
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper criticality during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Conduct Infrastructure performance and security assessments.
- Manage Infrastructure patching and vulnerabilities.
- Provide beneficial solutions for business, both tactically and strategically.
- Define processes, documentation and Engineering diagrams for Technical and Operations support.
- Prioritize, complete and lead projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the quality of work in Technical design, implementation, testing and alignment to technical compliance standards.
- Provide lead support and direction to the team for the overall health and maintenance of all Infrastructure assets.
- Identify opportunities for implementation of self-healing capabilities.
- Manage on-call schedule for a team of platform support engineers, including participation in on-call rotation.
Range of Impact/Influence:
- Responsible for the Infrastructure platform and supporting Technology.
- Plays an integral role in building and improving Infrastructure in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency.
- Leadership accountable for team completing work you're doing and delivery of quality work.
Education & Experience:
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience with Systems Analysis/Programming, incorporating: design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or Engineering.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of software languages, operating systems, or network protocols.
- Practical application using Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Specific Technical experience working with one or more of the following areas:
- Unix/Linux, including shell scripting.
- Experienced knowledge of one or more of the following: Infrastructure and server theories, principles, and concepts, application Infrastructure and standards, networking fundamentals, storage management (i.e. SAN) design and support, orchestration technologies (Jenkins, etc), CI/CD concepts and workflows.
- Experienced knowledge using the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s).
- Core knowledge of Agile delivery methodology.
- Detailed understanding of software defined networking, automation and orchestration.
- Demonstrated understanding of DevOps concepts and benefits.
Technology Skills You'll Use Every Day:
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Organizational Change
- Technical Acuity
- Technology Industry Trends
Role/Strengths You’ll Need:
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
- Systems Integration
- Capacity Management
- IT Infrastructure
- Requirements Gathering and Definition
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Documentation & Technical Writing
- Problem Solving
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2021, 12:00:01 PM