The Internal Audit Group (IAG) delivers independent and objective assurance services that support management in striking the balance between risk and controls and help the Board of Directors fulfill its governance responsibilities. We perform independent process, financial, compliance, and technology audits, consistent with professional standards. IAG also reviews specific operations or processes at the request of the Audit Committee or Senior Leadership. The Global Risk Team is focused on independently reviewing and assessing credit risk management, fraud risk management and enterprise risk management for the company.
This Senior Auditor would support the Global Risk Team in performing Credit and Enterprise Risk audits and would partake in Data Driven audits.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participate as a key team member on integrated audit projects for the Credit and Enterprise Risk Management portfolios to document processes under review, execute audit tests competently in accordance with policies and procedures, and with moderate supervision.
- Translate business risks, controls and supporting data into analytic requirements and partners with a development team to build audit analytics
- Summarize and communicate results and recommendations to close identified control gaps
- Validate that actions taken by management to address findings are appropriate and document the results
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development including data literacy skills
- Monitor a portfolio of audit analytics, assess analytic results, use the analytic data to tell the potential business story, and work with audit and business colleagues to validate that story
- Collaborate with audit teams to understand the data behind key processes, risk and controls to develop analytic control tests and analyze and interpret their results
- Assist team leaders, senior mangers / managers, and senior auditors in accomplishing audit objectives in a team environment
- Effectively coach, teach, mentor and develop less experienced colleagues and co-sourced resources in geographically diverse locations across all aspects of their role, the audit and analytic lifecycle, audit methodology and best practices
- BA, BS or equivalent degree or advanced degree (Business or related field)
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or internal audit in the Financial Services/Banking industry,
- Experience in Credit Risk or Enterprise Risk Management preferred
- Experience with technology control testing including interface inputs, reports, application security and business continuity and third parties
- Aptitude for working with data, interpreting results, business intelligence and analytic best practices
- Ability to break-down complex problems into components, solve them using data analysis, process knowledge and risk/control knowledge, and communicate data analysis, issues and control recommendations with clarity and professionalism
- Ability to effectively integrate business, operational, technological, data, and financial components in audit work
- Effectively works independently, within a team and across teams in a fast paced environment to drive business results, utilizing related project management skills, employing creative thinking, a focus on quality, and the ability to work on competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that deliver high quality, actionable and value-added feedback to management on potential control issues and potential solutions to close gaps
- Knowledge and experience in the application of control theory and professional auditing practices including the audit lifecycle
- Proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools
- Preferred BA or BS in information systems, data analytics, information technology, computer science or equivalent degree, or related field
- Ability to travel 5% to 15%
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 9:19:47 AM