You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The Servicing Technology team is driving a fundamental re-imagining of how we service our customers. As a part of this ground-breaking journey, we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and forward-thinking Engineering Director to join our mission! As an Engineering Director on our team, you will directly lead the execution of our most ambitious projects and directly affect the lives and experiences of our customers.
You will be hands on in delivering full stack software solutions that drive the digital servicing capabilities of American Express. Everything from machine learning and decisioning to data analytics and real-time performance monitoring. The possibilities are wide-open, and our vision is to redefine servicing.
As this role will play heavy influence in the success of our goals, we are searching for candidates with strong fundamental experience in software development and software design principles. Some behaviors we desire include an appetite to learn, a desire to teach, a genuine curiosity, and bravery to ask hard questions and push boundaries. We need technology leaders that can adapt to changing landscapes quickly and pivot to new solutions without wavering. Someone who sees change as opportunity will excel on this team.
- Drive the design and creation of highly scalable software solutions
- Lead team of highly skilled multi-discipline engineers to push the boundaries of servicing capabilities
- Work closely with product owners, technology senior leadership and peers to deliver ground-breaking journeys for our card members
- Participate in strategic discussions, thinking outside of the box, and challenge the status-quo
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Lead software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines with key product partners
- Prepare and manage the engineering team budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the overall objectives, vision, and resources
- Build a high-performing development team through hiring, training, and continuous development
- Implement innovative technologies and demonstrate courage to fail
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position on an engineering team
Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
Good understanding of agile methodologies
Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
Excellent project management skills
BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021, 12:13:56 PM