You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The Servicing Technology team is driving a fundamental re-imagining of how we service our card members. As a part of this ground-breaking journey, we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and forward-thinking Program Manager to join our mission! In this role you will directly drive the planning, advising, and coordinating of the critical initiatives from beginning to end.
You will lead many cross-functional teams and work with internal customers to transform objectives into solutions. You will handle project/program costs, resources, risk, and issues to ensure that key objectives are realized. You will be given the visibility and opportunity to make your mark, influence change, and help steer pivotal changes.
As this role will play a critical part in the success of our goals, we are looking for candidates with extensive business/industry experience and demonstrated leadership in project management. Some behaviors we desire include leading teams of leaders and balancing multiple programs simultaneously. Adapting to changing landscapes quickly and resolving any issues will be essential to success. Success also requires a genuine curiosity and desire to tackle ambitious problems through orchestrating many moving parts and driving results creatively.
- Develop the program strategy for key projects
- Ensure the integration of various sophisticated solutions, delivered with high levels of craftsmanship and execution
- Identify and track key achievements and recommend adjustments to cross-functional team plans
- Deliver an accurate reflection of project/program budgets and forecasts
- Monitor and communicate the progress of multi-faceted initiatives
- Influence cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the execution of the plan
- Anticipate risks and issues to ensure that appropriate mitigation planning is in place to avoid compromising success
- Contribute to the continual process improvement processes within the organization
- Connect with key partners to advise program direction and changes in goals and strategy
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Resourcefulness, Ingenuity, Curiosity, and Influencing others
Collaboration & Teamwork, and Continuous Improvement
Governance and Reporting
Portfolio, Program, and Project Support
Project Management Leadership
Coaching and Mentoring
Facilitation, Planning and Organizing
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2021, 4:55:59 PM