The Servicing Technology team is driving a fundamental re-imagining of how we service our card members. As a part of this ground-breaking journey, we are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and forward thinking Engineer to join our mission! As a Engineer on our team, you will directly drive the design and execution of our most ambitious projects and directly effect the lives and experiences of our customers.
You will be hands on in delivering full stack scalable software solutions that drive the digital servicing capabilities of American Express. Everything from machine learning and decisioning to data analytics and real-time performance monitoring. The possibilities are wide-open and our vision is to redefine servicing.
As this role will play heavy influence in the success of our goals, we are looking for candidates with strong fundamental experience in software development and software design principles. Some behaviors we desire include an appetite to learn, a desire to teach, a genuine curiosity, and bravery to ask hard questions and push boundaries. We need engineers that can adapt to changing landscapes quickly and pivot to new solutions without wavering. Someone who sees change as opportunity will excel on this team.
- Drive the design and creation of highly scalable software solutions
- Writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Participate in strategic discussions, thinking outside of the box, and challenge the status-quo
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Strong software debugging skills
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write user documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 9:32:45 AM