You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The SME market segment remains a strong opportunity for outstanding growth, and as such we require Business Development Managers joining our Small Business Sales Team. This is a telephone based role (no face to face client interaction), specifically, providing consultative dialogue to inform and close sales and increase spend of small business Card Members.
Success will be measured by number of new Card Members signed, booked charge volume on new Card Members, effective pipeline management, time management, ability to engage / motivate prospects and leadership skills.
- Winning new business on a mix of warm and cold leads via effective consultative selling – understanding customer needs and offering the most appropriate product and services
- Building and managing your own pipeline, managing sales leads from identification and initial contact through close, carefully tracking and actioning leads across the sales cycle
- Maintain high level of product and service knowledge including product features and benefits, competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in target industries
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and influence external customers
- Master rapport building, handling objections, and professionalism
- Work with internal teams in New Accounts and Risk Management to provide all relevant information to correctly evaluate applications and assign lines of credit on new accounts
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven track record of driving results in a sales environment
- Extensive cold-calling experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 10:42:44 AM