You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
About Network Solutions & Operations
The American Express Network enables over $1.2 Trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 170 markets worldwide. Network Solutions and Operations (NSO) operates the American Express Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers and launching a new Network in China. The NSO team is also driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network creating innovative products, services, and capabilities that will anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
The Network Product Development Team is a critical part of the NSO organization, and is accountable for leading the strategy, design, development, and ongoing management of Network products, services, and capabilities.
The Analyst of Network Product Development & Management will take a lead role in influencing the development of critical processes and operationalizing governance across all NSO products. This role provides an exciting opportunity to collaborate with NSO product teams gaining insights to innovative and disruptive digital payment solutions and current trends and advancements in the payments industry.
As a member of the Product Team, the Analyst has an integral role working with colleagues, leaders, and key stakeholders within NSO and across the enterprise to lead Product Governance. A successful candidate must be enthusiastic about managing program reporting and documentation, driving strong business results through innovation, and building relationships. Candidates should also have demonstrated strong organizational skills, a growth mindset, embrace a learning-culture, and be willing to affect change within the team.
- Assist in developing, operationalizing and maintaining strategy and governance metrics and reporting.
- Create concise, easy to understand and impactful written deliverables.
- Collate, prepare, verify, and disseminate materials (e.g., reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) related to projects, initiatives, and operational goals.
- Support leadership by coordinating meetings, managing attendees, maintaining records, and driving communication between our team and key stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and partners across the enterprise to deliver comprehensive and complete work products.
- Utilize tools and documented processes to ensure consistency and optimization of program delivery.
- Own and maintain internal documentation, such as process documents, to ensure they reflect the latest operational processes and requirements.
- Strong project management, organization, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to continually learn about the changing payments landscape.
- Analytical mind that can analyze ambiguous problems and distill down into an easy to understand format, create recommendations, and secure alignment.
- Demonstrated resilience, proactive problem solving, and optimism in changing circumstances.
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Ability to develop relationships with leaders, team colleagues in different time zones, and cross-functional stakeholder teams.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and driving continuous process improvement.
- Experience working with global customers and colleagues.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing program documentation, presentations, and/or reporting.
- SharePoint knowledge/experience.
- Experience in the payments industry.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2021, 1:54:50 PM