You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver key Treasury Bank Services activities such as timely operationalization of bank accounts and associated user accesses over bank portals, ensuring optimal pricing for banking infrastructure, comply with internal AXP processes and leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases to drive operational efficiencies.
The role would be responsible for the following:
- Effectively manage bank account infrastructure for one of the regions
- Execute bank account administration including opening, closing and adding required services to accounts.
- Efficient administration of the online banking access portals
- Maintain Global bank account database ensuring timely bank account updates are being performed in the region
- Maintain global static data in Treasury Management System
- Maintain entity corporate banking documentation and partner with banking institutions to ensure Delegations and AXP authorized signers are updated in bank records.
- Analyze the Bank Compensation Pricing to ensure adherence to bank service agreements and find opportunities to save at blue box level
- Maintaining healthy working relationships with various banks
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing the best solution to reduce bank fees and towards process improvements.
- Adherence to PRSA controls and Managing External Audit & SOX while acting as a SPOC entire Bank Services
- Manage Basel static cash submission including research of bank account and CCID inconsistencies
- Oversight and backup of other regions.
- Managing Global projects related to bank services and Treasury.
Critical Factors to Success:
- Deliver key treasury operations goals such as rationalization of architecture, ensuring optimal pricing for banking infrastructure, drive compliant processes across Bank services COE
- Streamline processes and drive operational efficiencies
- Understand & leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team & create opportunities to support the automation team to get that implemented
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
- Understanding of Basel reporting
- Understanding of operations, SOX & other related control framework compliance
- Banking Relationship Management
- Banking products subject matter expertise for setting up compliant, simple yet efficient collections and payments solutions across the globe for AXP customers
- Understanding of financial domain
- Knowledge of principles of cash management, FX exposure, banking operations
- Bank Account management KYC -documentation
- Analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis
- Knowledge of financial systems Preferred.
- Basic understanding of automation capabilities
- Understanding of AXP business products
- Treasury Management System (TMS) such as FIS Quantum, FX Trading terminals (Bloomberg, 360T, Reuters, etc), Bank Account Management (BAM),
- Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Preferred: Ability to use analytical, tools for financial systems such as Oracle, IRIS, OBIEE, Essbase, Hyperion, Financial Reporting (HFR), etc
- Payment Systems: SWIFT Messaging MT101/103/940/942/202, Electronic Fund Transfer Modes (RTGS/WIRES/CHIPS/ACH/CHAPS/GIRO/BACS/SEPA/FAST)
• At least 4-5+ years of relevant work experience in banks, corporates or similar financial operations.
• Exposure to banking/payment operations, Cash, FX and Money Market instruments
• Post-Graduate in Finance or Economics; CA or MBA preferred
• Ability to Multi-task, prioritize, meet timelines and work in a high-pressure environment.
• Analytical, motivated, and independent with strong attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate, Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulation
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2021, 7:13:04 AM