You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Global Treasury Operations (GTO) organization has regional operations teams across APAC, EMEA, US & Canada and LAC. Also, GTO comprises of specialized teams like Payment Strategies focusing on business/payment consultation services, and Bank Services COE that supports regional operations teams and various Business Units with their banking requirements.
Some of the key responsibilities of the regional operations teams is daily cash management to ensure sufficient cash availability at all points of time in 1400+ bank accounts for 180+ legal entities held with 200+ bank partners. Foreign exchange exposure clearing for AXP entities (except for FXIP business) from the India and UK Treasury desks. APAC Treasury Operations team is responsible for clearing/hedging FX exposures for restricted currency markets in JAPA region and act as back-up for EMEA GTO in case of Out of Region (OOR) BCP situation.
This Band 30 role is responsible for the following:
• Manage the cash and funding requirements for JAPA markets at the lowest possible cost while balancing the need to protect against interest rate and liquidity risks.
• Identify and hedge Foreign Exchange exposures for JAPA markets to protect the balance sheet and income statement of the markets from adverse FX risks.
• Monitoring bank accounts of JAPA markets and mobilizing cash in the various accounts to ensure there is sufficient liquidity to settle the day-to-day obligations
• Analyzing, calculating, recommending, and executing daily FX hedge action.
• Provide support to ad-hoc projects related to Liquidity & FX Management
• Providing coverage for other analysts in their absence and acting as a backup for the manager, responding to any Treasury related issues
• Maintaining a close working relationship with external banks and wide range of internal customers, such as New York and UK treasury, financial controllers, technologies and other finance groups.
• This role would require flexibility to work on certain Indian holidays as the JAPA markets are working on those days. Instead, Opted leaves can be aligned with JAPA market holidays.
• Work timing for this role would be 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
• This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Optimizing overall cost of funds for markets
• Minimizing idle cash needs for operating business
• Keeping FX exposures hedged at all points of time
• 3 years of relevant work experience in a Treasury environment or similar functional in a bank or corporate
Graduate degree in Finance/Economics or accounting; MBA preferred.
• Understanding of Treasury domain and role it plays in overall Finance organization
• Knowledge of different funding solutions like Bank borrowings, overdrafts etc. and bank account structures like physical and notional pools
• Experience with automation tools and advances excel skills would be desirable
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Strong attention to detail, analytical, motivated and independent
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate highly technical matters in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2021, 8:36:01 AM