You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise focused on delivering the next generation data engineering solutions. The team will be responsible for experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging and processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized card member experience and to drive profitable growth for the organization.
- Perform hands-on software development, typically spending about 80% of time writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Should be good in designing Big Data application
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Drive cross functional development on entire technology stack for a company to provide consistent application user experience
• Ensure ease of switching between front end and back end development which results in saving time and money as complexities and problems can be solved by the same person
• Enhance design structure leading to speed to market: Coding and the design of the site s/he can have a view from above and prevent slip ups that come up during development
Should have 8-13 years experience in -
- Java, J2EE
- Hbase or any other NOSQL Database
- Apache Tomcat
- knowledge of ML plaforms (Good to have)
Any Engineering or MCA degree
-Excellent in Python
-Good Knowledge of Java and J2EE
-ML Knowledge (Good to have)
- Functional Programming or scripting
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Python based frameworks
Enterprise Leadership Behaviours
Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2021, 8:12:51 PM