You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The US Consumer Operational Excellence team is the First Line of Defense (FLoD) team with a mission to enable business growth and objectives while maintaining a strong control environment. The Operational Excellence team acts as a Center of Excellence (CoE) within the business, and assists in the identification, measurement, monitoring, and management of Operational Risks related to the business products and processes. Operational risk is the risk to the current or projected business objectives and resilience arising from inadequate or failed internal processes or systems, human errors or misconduct, or adverse external events.
This team’s scope includes US Proprietary, Cobrand and Lending products, Benefit Programs (MR and non-MR), GABM (Global Advertising and Brand Management), TLS (Travel and Lifestyle Services), Consumer Marketing Services (CMS) and Corporate Development (Consumer Acquisitions, Divestitures, Strategic Investments)
Also, for these areas of the business, the Operational Excellence team leads governance and implementation of requirements related to several large-scale programs like Third Party, Customer Communication/Disclosures, Regulatory Exams, Information Security, Privacy, Financial Reporting, Physical Security, Data Management and Business Continuity/Resiliency.
In line with Amex’s “three lines of defense” approach to risk management, the FLoD Operational Excellence team actively works with Second Line of Defense (GRBC, Compliance, Privacy) and Third Line of Defense (Internal Audit) teams to ensure adequate implementation of risk management framework requirements.
The Analyst/Sr Analyst Operational Excellence – Testing Automation is a high-impact role that will support the expansion of an automated control testing Center of Excellence (COE) for the US Consumer business.
Key activities for the role will include:
- Support the next-gen and transformation of control testing and monitoring – use automation, define key risk indicators (KRIs), and set thresholds for review or action that are informed by its risk appetite for different risk types.
- Execute against the prioritization roadmap for the testing automation strategy across US Consumer.
- Partner closely with product/process owners to fully understand critical business processes, to identify and prioritize automation opportunities.
- Partner closely with platform and capabilities teams to understand end-to-end data transfer and hand-off risks associated to process fulfillment and delivery of customer promises.
- Act as a liaison between first line of defense teams and Smart Monitoring platform owners to distill detailed specifications of business processes, support data validation, and contribute to creation of coding logic for the build key risk indicators (KRIs).
- Be a trusted advisor for key business stakeholders for matters related to the KRI/Smart Monitoring testing environment across their products and processes.
- Apply innovative concepts to measure and manage risk consistent with regulatory and governance requirements.
- Identify relevant observations, high residual-risk areas, and emerging risk themes.
- Partner with Technology, Risk, Product Management, Compliance and other key Subject Matter Experts on initiatives to ensure standards/deliverables are achieved.
- Exemplify strength in the American Express Leadership Model: set the agenda, bring others with you and do it the right way, and put enterprise thinking first.
- 2+ years of work experience in the financial services industry. In depth knowledge of Consumer products, processes, and underlying technology platforms.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Engineering, Science disciplines.
- Experience in working with complex and rapidly changing, technology enabled businesses – with a strong understanding of associated risks.
- Experience with data-driven analytics a plus.
- Qualitative solutioning/problem solving in complex and unstructured environment.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Preferred experience in financial services and risk management.
- Team player with strong communication skills, and ability to develop relationships with colleagues.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently and handle multiple workstreams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to understand large complex processes and translate technical process jargon into simpler messages suited for all levels of the organization.
- Experience compiling information and developing thoughtful material for presentation.
Technical Skills and Platform Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Account Receivable (A/R) platforms preferred, e.g. Triumph.
- Knowledge of customer acquisition and fulfillment capabilities preferred (bonusing, benefit fulfillment, marketing), e.g. BEQ.
- Experience with data transfer, validation, and hand-off risk between platform/capabilities a plus.
- Knowledge of Big Data platforms (e.g. Cornerstone) and Hadoop a plus.
- Experience with SAS and/or SQL a plus.
- Experience with COSMOS/Tableau a plus.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2021, 8:23:31 PM