You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
How will you make an impact in this role?
This position will provide backend and on phone support to premium merchants for North America Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about customer service and interested in owning all aspects of customer account relationship.
In this role, individuals will ensure extraordinary service by promptly and accurately validating merchant accounts as per latest compliance requirements. Candidate will be required to perform detailed review and analysis of simple to complex merchant accounts and taking informed decision to pass or terminate the account.
- Deliver extraordinary care, on calls, to a wide range of American Express customers with a variety of requests
- Build meaningful relationship through consultative questioning to ensure added value for the customer
- Enhance our customers’ experience by identifying opportunities to offer products based on our Cardmembers’ needs
- Offer custom solutions and negotiate a positive outcome for the customer and American Express, aiming for first call resolution when possible
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Document necessary information
- Re-prioritize to adapt to the ever-changing environment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Display a passion to serve by delivering extraordinary service in every interaction with our customers
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as multitask and re-prioritize on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Excellent negotiation, influential and resourceful skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with least supervision, ensure highest-quality standards and ensure best in class schedule adherence
- Ability to review and analyze business and legal documents, e.g.: Articles of Incorporation, Business license, Agreements, IRS documents, Contracts, AMEX Terms and Conditions, etc.
- Ability to perform online research to verify the true identity of the customer
- Liaise with Client managers and other departments to assisting the business
- Be flexible to any new / change to existing regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail while comparing digits, names, address etc.
- Maintain clear documentation of all actions
- Ability to work on multiple screens / windows simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills; written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of clients e.g.: Presidents, CEOs, VPs etc.
- Take outbound and inbound calls
- Write professional emails quickly
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in handling Inbound and outbound calls will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Good Typing Speed
- Merchant Services experience will be an advantage
- Location: Gurgaon
- Workplace Flexibility: Full time. Mostly Night Shift.
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded continually.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 7:50:04 AM