You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express Commercial Lending platform is one of the world’s largest non-card lending platform, responsible for Business Financing and Working Capital Terms products. We are looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced Engineering leader for the Director, Merchant Financing capabilities.
In this role, you will drive the vision, technology design, engineering, development, and rollout for multiple business financing products, and software utilities within the platform, ensuring it meets the evolving needs of the enterprise, problem solving in a fast moving environment and helping drive results for Commercial Lending.
Merchant Financing is a Lending Product which provides loans to small and medium sized merchants. This product is one of the top growth Business Financing initiatives for American Express with a very high A/R for American /Express.
- Roadmap and implementation strategies for Business Financing product.
- Drive innovation and manage engineering development within a fast paced, agile environment.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Focus on building platforms and reusable components.
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders, stakeholders, Engineers and product owners to understand and develop technical solutions that deliver strong business outcomes.
BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Strong technical background demonstrated by growing through multiple engineering leadership roles of increasing seniority.
- Possess a good blend of business and technical aptitude and has a strong desire to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience building and shipping large scale enterprise products.
- Experience managing large engineering teams using a servant leadership mindset.
- 5+ years of experience in delivering scaled analytics using data solutions as events, cache , big data techstacks
- 3+ years of implementing scaled visualization and reporting solutions from disparate data sources
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- 5+ years of experience leading project teams to take projects from concept to completion
- 2 + years’ experience of strong understanding Machine Learning and various statistical modeling, hands-on python and Pispark is a plus
- 2+ years’ experience as a hands-on architect with the ability to design and architect large scale web applications
- Collaborate with the delivery teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven, and Microservices technologies for large scale environments.
- Deep understanding of quality standards and best practices, TDD/BDD concepts, and automation best practices.
- ·Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- · Hands on experience with technology planning and road mapping
- · Ability to drive innovation in practical, actionable way
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 10:54:04 AM