You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This is a great opportunity to join the CTO organization within American Express Technologies become the driver of this exciting journey
What we’re looking for:
Cornerstone is company’s largest Big Data Platform, ideally suited for computationally and/or data intensive processing applications. Whether the data needs to be processed in batch, online, or streaming manner, Cornerstone provides robust capabilities to handle such workloads effectively, in a cost-efficient manner.
A hub of highly talented Big Data engineers and most exciting & upcoming technologies such as HBase, Couchbase, Spark, Structured Streaming, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Java APIs, Scala, Python, Pig, Hive, Machine Learing, Deep Learning Frameworks etc, Cornertone platform offers an environment where Engineers are challenged every day to build world class products.
Be part of a fast-paced Agile team, design, develop, test, troubleshoot & optimize solutions created to simplify access to the Amex’s Big Data Platform.
We are seeking an innovative Tech PM with an enthusiastic, high performing technology mind-set to work well with a team developing solutions to drive engagement and self-servicing for our existing data consumers. Collaborate with technology teams to ensure the quality delivery of applications and infrastructure components. The role will collaborate closely with business partners, Project Managers, Technical Engineers, Architects and Leadership, to ensure completeness and efficiency of solutions while ensuring alignment to standards.
- Drives integrated teams, driving technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- Engages with business stakeholders, understand their needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Coordinates execution of development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/SAFe concepts.
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Embraces SDLC methods, Agile/SAFe values, principles, and practices. Maintain dependency plan between planned sprints; organize and facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint.
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPls in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- May perform hands on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Tracks iteration progress, contributes to design discussions and issue resolution, and removes obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met.
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
- Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
- ldentifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
6+ years of technical project management experience
Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
Experience managing SAFe, Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
Experience managing project budgets and reporting while ensuring compliance with Rally and Agile delivery platform
Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
Scrum Master Certification is a plus
Experience using Rally and JIRA agile delivery management platform is a plus
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2021, 11:46:50 PM