“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
- Taking your place as a core member of an Agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Leading a team of Engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
Designs, develops, solves problems, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys, and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications. Focus in HR Recruiting Applications including Taleo, TCC, and CareerSite along with the data interface design and development.
- Advanced level of skills in software development.
- Function as member of an Agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing.
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Preferably a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- Up to 6 years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Preferred Experience with One Amex (One App, One CMS) platform
- Experience with REST APIs and SOAP web services, both consumers and providers.
- Experience with file-based integrations.
- Experience with Node.js, React.
- Experience with software development best practices: SCM Git, CI/CD.
- Confirmed experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages.
- Experience working in Rally Tool (Optional).
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2021, 2:33:44 PM